Sunday 19 October 2014

What Would Chris Pine Do?

Hello to you & yes another post already.

While I write this on the sofa, Mrs Rockford is sat next to me watching another episode of Columbo.

I guess you want to know why I'm writing another post already, no? well i'll tell you anyway.

I've been taking more action lately & it's all been inspired by Chris Pine.

Chris Pine first came to my attention in the re-imagined Star Trek films.

He played Captain Kirk, a major feat, following in the footsteps of William Shatner!

In my opinion he did damn well.  The guy needed bags of charisma to fill Shatner's shoes, he absolutely phasered charisma off the screen.

As for the films themselves, I though they were ok, but something was off.

Sure Zachary Quinto was equally great as Spock - good casting guys!  But something didn't feel right.

The films were directed by  JJ Abrams, I just don't trust the guy, I get the feeling he doesn't really like Sci-Fi.

Call me crazy, but I think one day I'll be proved correct.

Anyway, I've just seen a film starring Chris Pine & Denzel Washington called "Unstoppable" a simple idea about a runaway train, but very good.

Chris Pine once again plays the action hero. He's really good a playing these flawed heroic types.  One thing these characters he plays have in common is that they get things done.

That's the kind of guy I wanna be.  I don't mean saving lives, blowing up planets or stopping trains, but just getting stuff done.

My problem has always been that I over-think stuff , & end up doing nothing having talked myself out of it.

The characters CP plays have a quick think & then take action before it's too late.

Inspired by all this I've tried to incorperate these characteristics into my daily life.

Already today I've:


  • Got Myself & Mrs Rockford across the road quicker than other pedestrians.
  • Got the attention of a waiter in a cafe who seemed oblivious to our presence.
  • Wrote more posts than usual
This is just the beginning of a new way of being.  From now on I will be asking myself "What would Chris Pine do?"






2 comments:

  1. why dont you just ask Chris Pine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, has anyone got his number?

    ReplyDelete